fot

Re: racing!!

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: racing!!
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:57:51 -0600
Richard Hardison wrote:

> Interesting to note that Phillip Island was the scene of the "great last
> race" in Nevil Shute's 1959 novel "On The Beach"  Never saw the
> movie, but I understand the racing scenes are in it.

The racing scene only lasts about five minutes, but well worth watching just
to see the race cars. The race scenes (including some spectacular off-course
excursions) were filmed at Riverside Raceway, although the shots of the
spectators and the "finish line" were shot on location in Australia  :-)

Jim Hill
Madison WI