fot

Re: Windshield fogging

To: "Dave Talbott" <dtalbott@archrepro.com>, <Gt6steve@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Windshield fogging
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:38:19 -0500
Speak to the guys who race snowmobiles.  They don't have a windscrren as
such but the inside of their helmets fog up when it's really humid.  They
have developed something for sure.

Gilles Villeneuve of F1 fame (the father of the present F1 racer Jacques
Villeneuve) was in an F1 race in the Canadian GP in Montreal and in the
rain, no-one could see through the fog on the inside of their visors and
they had to really slow down.  No-one could believe how Gilles just kept on
going as fast as he had before.

It was because he had been a snowmobile champion before getting into F1
racing, and he had incorporated this device or idea from snowmoble racing
for ventilation inside his visor.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A, Montreal, Canada