fot

Re: 2.5 OD Exhaust Pipe Supplier

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, <LOddTR@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2.5 OD Exhaust Pipe Supplier
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:25:22 -0600
Actually, my Midas guys specifically did not guarantee my race car
tailpipes.

BUT -- they fact they guarantee their regular-car stuff is just as good as
far as I am concerned. It means the workmanship is good. But if something
goes wrong, it is likely because it had "help" (e.g. wreck, or I high-center
a curb) and I understand their not wanting to guarantee that. :-)   Happily,
I haven't wrecked yet, but I have high-centered a curb or two with no
apparent effect on the exhaust system.

And I get to stand under my car and watch them work, even kibitz ("No, Joe,
let's raise it another half-inch."). None of these "no customers allowed in
the shop" signs. I *like* that.

Actually I think one of the prime reasons for no guarantee is that they are
building an "illegal" system -- that is, doesn't have the cat and other
stuff required for highway, so they cannot certify the work as compliant
with state law. Also, my race car muffler is a  Supertrapp and not one of
theirs. They have no problem with that, just that they are not going to
guarantee Supertrapp's product.

And I have their work on most of my street cars too. Guaranteed, of course.

--Rocky