fot

Cam bedding and Fuel pump leaking

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>, 6pack digest <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cam bedding and Fuel pump leaking
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:48:52 -0800
Jim Davis,
I sympathize with your leak during cam bedding.  I finally got "Triosan"
my TR6/Toyota [tranny]/Nissan [diff] to start yesterday.  Long story on
why it would not for two weeks that end with DPO rewired ignition switch
and the net was no power to the computer [HMX crank fired ignition
module] during starter motor engagement.

Fired right up when wired to solve the problem.. Ran it at 200 or so for
maybe 3 minutes when I noticed a copious amount of oil coming out the
Valve cover gasket.  When going to get a rag to do mopping, my co-worker
calmly announce I had a fire and better shut if off [hot oil on hot
headers].  Immediately did this and tried no more running as I had to
let it cool and then better adhere the valve cover gasket.  I think I am
also going to dispense with the exterior rocker cover oil line -- just
too much up there.

So, now it starts, hope I have not killed the cam by short bedding, but
for sure all the cam lube is gone by now.  Exhaust pipes, alignment,
dyno next weekend, track the next.  Can hardly wait.

Chuck