fot

Re: Fuel pumps

To: BillB@bnj.com, awashatko@wi.rr.com, markjwea@email.msn.com,
Subject: Re: Fuel pumps
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:21:46 EST
In a message dated 3/30/03 1:58:15 PM Pacific Standard Time, BillB@bnj.com
writes:

<< I suppose there's stories about any of these contraptions, but the carter
 pumps are cheap, you can get them at Napa, and they don't have much in the
 way of moving parts other than the motor.
 --- >>
I had a couple of Carter pumps fail (without using two in the system).  I am
not sure how good these other generic stock pumps are, but I have had no
trouble with them yet.  I believe that they are a small centrifugal pump
which runs all of the time, until you switch them off.  You buy them directly
from most auto-parts stores and mount a regulator ahead of them in the
system, normally at the carburetors.  I have one in the car and one in my
spare parts box.