fot

RE: Accusump Blues

To: "'WEmery7451@aol.com'" <WEmery7451@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Accusump Blues
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:24:23 -0700
I like the idea of adding another oil pressure indication. I'll do that
next week. For now I think I'm just going to rip out the Accusump. I like
them, but I'd rather not worry about it first race of the season.

I don't know why or how many blocks have the small, angled drill holes and
plugs. I've looked at two other blocks I own and both of them have the
larger plugs that go straight in. On this block it's a funny little plug
that sits in a recess with a stepped nose like a retainer screw. Very odd.
I wouldn't dream of drilling it out without having the engine all apart.
Even then I'd be a little scared.

I have to admit I have never looked at the plugs in the crank. This engine
has a steel crank. I didn't build it, and it's been running fine for a
full season. After the weekend of the 19th I'm going to look at the
bearings, but I don't want to even think about it until I have a good set
in hand. What you don't know...