fot

Re: Spitfire Quick Change Rear end

To: "Joe Curry" <Spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire Quick Change Rear end
From: "Tom Strange" <tstrange@new.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 00:47:34 -0500
Joe,
  I havent tried your method, although I have thought of it many times, 3
hrs is not a bad time to have done the complete job.  I am curious though
about your phantom grip.  I am just now getting ready to take mine for its
first test ride here in 2 or 3 weeks.  Which set of springs did you put in
yours.... as I remember there were two sets, the standard and a "race"set
(two different colors as I remember).
  Also, just what did the phantom grip seem to do, and how well?  I guess
another relevant question would be how hard do you drive the car?  Do you
consistantly have the inside rear wheel off the ground? on the ground but
light with little traction? keep it firmly planted on the ground?????
  I assume you have the camber compensator on the car?
  I'm sure driving style will have a lot to do with whether or not we think
the thing is doing anything...   I fear your telling me I may have wasted my
time and money here.
Tom