fot

Re: Spitfire Quick Change Rear end

To: Charly Mitchel <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Quick Change Rear end
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 15:47:46 -0700
Well, It certainly was easy to install and the theory of operation makes
sense.  But I doubt there is enough surface area on the Spider gears to
offer enough friction to do a good job of locking up the rear when it is
needed.  I found that it was constantly locking and unlocking in high
speed turns and that makes traction difficult to maintain.  My
alternative is a Quaife so I reinstalled it.  If you don't have such an
alternative, the PG may be "better than nothing".

Cheers,
Joe (C)