fot

GT6 1/2 Shafts

To: "Joe Curry" <Spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: GT6 1/2 Shafts
From: "Bill Bartlett" <billbartlett@homerebuilders.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 20:33:26 -0400
Hello fellow FOT'rs

I have been trying for the last few weeks to have a local driveline shop
refabricate the custom 1/2 shafts that came on my GT6+ without success. These
are custom because the car has been modified to improve the weak hub/axle
assembly by upgrading it to Datsun 240x stub axle and drive flange. The 1/2
shafts are mostly Datsun except that the inboard Ujoin t is a hybred to fit the
Datsun drive shaft and the GT6 Differential. The GT6 flange is a small one
requireing a small U-joint Tee. The Datsun flange is larger and the joint cups
swim in the flange. Aparently the manufacturer that made the hybrid U-joint
tees and flanges is out of business, so I am rather stuck. Anythoughts?

Is there a driveline shop that can make custom u-joints?

Should I be considering cv joints? I have never run a car with these and I hear
that they are rather bulky?

Any better solutions? Joe? Steve?

Thank you for your help

Bill