fot

light steel flywheel

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: light steel flywheel
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:00:05 -0400
We have steel flywheels made for us by a flywheel manufacturer. We have
recently had several  inquiries about light steel flywheels with
questions about how light, how much, etc?  I spoke with our manufacturer
and sent him a sample for a TR6.  Their feeling is 10 - 12 pounds with
ring gear.  Corresponding weights for Spitfire, TR 4, etc.  Specifically
questioned them about "ultra light" steel flywheels and they said they
would not feel safe in making a flywheel in 6 - 8 pound range.  If there
is interest from the group, prices are available.  TR6/Spitfire
flywheel, with new ring gear, $275.  Thanks for our time.  Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@bright.net