fot

Mosport, Toronto, SARS

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mosport, Toronto, SARS
From: "Simon Rasmussen" <Simon@telephonestogo.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:53:22 -0400
Friends,
As a Toronto resident I would like to reassure you that life goes on as usual
here.

There was a bit of a concern and the medical officer of health was giving
daily briefings; those ended when the number of new cases dwindled to near
zero and everyone simply lost interest and moved on to the next thing to worry
about.

The only public health issue I've heard mentioned by anyone in the last couple
of weeks is West Nile Virus, apparently moving up from the U.S., and borne by
mosquitoes.  This is a concern in areas where there is stagnant water, not a
problem near Mosport because the soil there is sandy.

There is no danger in going to crowded places like malls, restaurants etc., I
do it every day and so do 4 million other people.

Simon, WOFTAM Racing.

Regards,
Simon Rasmussen
Sales Manager - Telephones To Go