fot

Re: Oil - what kind?

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil - what kind?
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:46:47 -0400
I have pondered the same questions and have ended up running red cap
15W-50 Mobil 1. I break in with Valvoline Racing Oil - 20W-50.

I have heard some of the Redline sales pitch, but obviously not from a
knowledgable enough salesman because I never was convinced I need more
protection than Mobil 1 gives.

The only bad experience I had was running Castrol GTX 20W-50 in the
first race engine I ever built. i made so much oil pressure I blew the
oil cooler!    :-}

Jack W. Drews wrote:

> About twice a year folks on the lists discuss oils -
Sent from my PDA. Sorry for brevity and typos