fot

RE: Oil - what kind?

To: "'BRITPAC@aol.com'" <BRITPAC@aol.com>, rocky@tri.net
Subject: RE: Oil - what kind?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 13:01:30 -0700
Not to add fuel to the fire, but Wendell Capps, the guy that helps me out
in the pits at a lot of races has an econoline van with 140,000 miles on
it that has never been serviced in any way. No oil change, nothing. He
swears that the only things he has ever done is add gas, tires, and
windshield washer fluid. It runs great.

I've changed the oil in my Yukon one time in 58,000 miles. My Ferrari gets
an expensive sump full of whatever the dealership uses every 5K(I think
it's Silkoline, but it might be hand pressed from endangered whales going
by the bills), and my race cars, who knows. I pull them apart often enough
so I've never intentionally changed the oil.