fot

RE: Oil - what kind?

To: <BRITPAC@aol.com>, <rocky@tri.net>
Subject: RE: Oil - what kind?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 15:36:27 -0700
>  We would dyno an engine on racing oil, drain it,
> do an oil and filter while on the dyno and resatrt the engine.  Yo could
> read a horsepower increase with only the change to Mobil 1.

There was a fairly recent (like last year) article in Hot Rod magazine where
they did something similar.  Measured something like 7% more power at the
rear wheels when switching engine, auto trans, diff all to pure synthetic.

If someone wants an exact reference, let me know and I'll try to find it in
the stack this weekend.

Randall