fot

A-OD oil

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: A-OD oil
From: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 06:40:49 -0400
I have been using Redline MTL in all my Triumph gearbox's. They are all
working fine. That includes my 58 TR3A race car, 64 TR4 street car, and
my
69 TR6 street car. The MTL has been in my TR6 since 1999. All of these
have the A type OD. The OD doesn't slip even in my race TR3A when
very hot. I use the OD a lot at VIR. Especially in 2nd gear where I have
to shift between two close turns to keep the RPM below 6000. I also use
it on the
front and back straight. Don't gain much speed in 4th OD but it does let
the RPM drop a little. This is only until I can build a CR box.

I also build about a dozen TR gearbox's a year for a restoration shop. I
put Red line MTL in all of them. The only comeback was one that had a
countershaft
That was indexed wrong from the manufactory. They do want to leak more
and you must pay close attention to the sealing of the gaskets.  My
reason for
Using synthetics is in hopes that the countershaft bearings will last
longer. When I do a tranny, I throw the old countershaft in a box. Last
count I had 44
Shafts and 7 worn old countershaft gears in it.

Dean Tetterton
Off to Carlisle to look for "Stuff"