fot

Re: Oil - what kind? for A-type OD

To: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: Oil - what kind? for A-type OD
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:20:59 -0700
I used it in the j-type for all of last year.  Shifted just fine -- and that was
usually at about 5500 RPM in third gear.  Dropped it back down while
decelerating into turns.  Never gave me any problem.  This last fall I put a
Toyota 5 speed from a 94 pickup in the car using Herman Van Den Akkers's
conversion kit.  The kit is great, the tranny not so great.  Three times a
couple of weekends ago when on the Pacific Raceways track I out it into third
instead of 5th -- not sure why the engine is still together [though the RPM
spikes were very brief].  It is very hard to tell if it made it to 5th [I was
nervous about this before even starting, so was very aware of trying to be in
5th each time -- once per lap -- that I shifted.  When I did get it there the
car is now hitting over 6000 RPM before turn two, and I think that is about
130-135 MPH!
Chuck

Randall Young wrote:

> > I'm a big big fan of synthetics in the tranny and rear end. I use
> > Redline MTL or MT-90 in pretty much every gearbox,
>
> Ok, since someone has already broached the subject ... does anyone have
> experiences with Redline's MT-90 in A-type (or J-type) overdrives to share ?
>
> They seem to think it would work well (I specifically asked about the fiber
> clutch), but I haven't tried it yet.
>
> Randall

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
chuck.arnold.vcf]