fot

Re: Cam questions

To: "Susan Kahler" <spitfiresuz@141.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cam questions
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 18:43:08 -0500
Also just back from TWS race weekend...... I experienced a different kind of
ailment and I wonder if this is very common: During a pre-race check, I
found both throttle shafts broken at a plate screw-hole. One broke during an
April event (that explains the mystery zero spark plug gap!) and the other
must have given up this weekend. The engine swallowed and hopefully spit out
the 2 screws. I am going to borrow a scope and check out the pistons and
bores, but it still runs OK. Without any other easy options, I cleaned
everything up and reinstalled the throttle plates using Superglue, based on
a recommendation from Rick Junkermeier. I had my doubts, but it held up for
a 20 minute and 15 minute race Sunday. Obviously I'll take it apart and
rebuild, but interesting nonetheless.
Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com