fot

cam questions

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: cam questions
From: "riverside" <riverside@Cedar-Rapids.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:10:32 -0700
I use an old lifter w/ a long bolt bondoed into it to run
the dial indicator.  One of the huge 18" or so dia.
degree wheels is a MUST if you have normal old eyes.
If you feel compelled to measure at the valve, make sure
you use ultra soft springs for testing or you will have
one helluva time getting repeatable results.  It sure
is fun w/ some regrinds figuring out where the ramp ends
and the lift begins.
Anyone in the group offer any feedback on Elgin cams?
They seem to be prety bright folks out there.  I use them
for my Stude cams but have never done a TR cam w/ them.

34 years ago, I bought from Paeco a set of"trick" intake valves for my TR3
racer.  They were utter warped and bent out ofg
the wrapper. I never repeated that mistake.  Some other
lessons were slower learned.

art