fot

Re: FW: Photos of the Kink Modification

To: sbarr@mccarty-law.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Photos of the Kink Modification
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:42:13 EDT
In a message dated 05/19/2003 10:49:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
sbarr@mccarty-law.com writes:

> I ran the SVRA GT Challenge this weekend and snapped a few pictures of the
> kink modification for the group as soon as I got there.  Clearly it's not
> finished yet.  I also understood that it was not mandatory for amateur
> racing
> groups.

Right!  I was there as well.  Except for special events where someone wants
to insert an added degree of difficulty, I can't see where ANY auto road
racing body would choose to use it.  It certainly will decrease lap times.
As I said previously, this is a safety issue with the motor cycles (and maybe
the KARTS).

Face it...anyone who has raced ROAD AMERICA knows that the kink is it's
premier feature.  I sure don't want to give up the RUSH you get going through
there full throttle.

Bill Dentinger