fot

Photos of the Kink Modification

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, "MC-Members" <MC-Members@mail.maxum.com>
Subject: Photos of the Kink Modification
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:49:00 -0500
Re the message from the Midwest Council's Chris Streit (forwarded by Scott
Barr):

> I ran the SVRA GT Challenge this weekend and snapped a few
> pictures of the kink modification . . . I also understood that it was
> not mandatory for amateur racing

So that there's no doubt, neither the kink itself--nor the approach--have
been "modified" in any way. And the SVRA made it quite clear that they have
no intention of EVER using the alternative chicane.

RA's Cheryl Barnes explained (again) that the alternate route was requested
by the motorcycle racers (who have nothing to protect them from personal
contact with the cement walls at high speed) and will presumably be
available for private car-club events as well.

The closer I get to taking the kink without lifting, the more I look forward
to the next time 'round   :-)

Jim Hill
Madison WI