fot

Off Topic - SD1 info needed

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Off Topic - SD1 info needed
From: "Susan and Jack Brooks" <tr3a@att.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:22:35 -0700
I was just made aware of a very inexpensive 1982 Rover 3500/SD1 (????)
I'm debating picking it up as another car, or perhaps just to have a
spare Rover 3.5 liter V8 engine for my TR8.

Can anyone help me out with some information on these cars, especially
what to look for as I try to determine if I should grab it and whether
to put it back on the road, or send it (less the engine and Borg-Warner
automatic tranny) to the crusher.

The car was running recently, but was parked due to electrical gremlins.
Imagine that!

Sorry for the non-racing post, but we have a strong contingent of
UK/European members who, hopefully, can educate me about this vehicle.

Thanks in advance and back to our regularly scheduled programming,

Jack Brooks
Covington, WA
1960 TR3
1980 TR8