fot

Re: worn stub axles on TR6

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>, 6pack digest
Subject: Re: worn stub axles on TR6
From: Chuck Arnold <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 21:12:50 -0700
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Subject: Worn Stub Axle Symptoms

Last week I checked my rear wheels for "play".  The right, which is a
rebuilt, was rock steady.  The left, which is original, had slight
movement [in the bearings].

I am currently rebuilding the hub [using a spare, as with the modified
Churchill tool
I built I only managed to destroy the large drive screw and the axle
itself in trying to break it apart].  The spare came apart with little
problem last week.

I am going to Nissan 280z hubs next year [off season, hoping what I have
lass through the summer at the tracks].  Will detail the Nissan
conversion, and am entertaining the idea of manufacturing the
replacements fro sale.

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
chuck.arnold.vcf]