fot

Re: Interesting Difference of Opinion About TR2 and TR3 Small

To: Group44TR7@aol.com, tr3a@att.net
Subject: Re: Interesting Difference of Opinion About TR2 and TR3 Small
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:51:58 EDT
In a message dated 05/26/2003 7:23:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
Group44TR7@aol.com writes:

>        I am getting two very different answers here. One which states that
> they are exactly the same except for the placement of the grill and other
> believing there was a significant difference between the two.
>
>        Not sure what to tell the person who made the inquiry other than I do
>
> not have the expertise to differentiate a TR2 from a TR3 small mouth apron.

Cary:

Just between us girls, it can be very frustrating to articulate the
differences between the various versions of each of the TRIUMPH models.
Especially to
some long time 'one-owners'.  I can remember standing near a very loud and
heated argument between two late TR3A owners at an early VTR (NATC actually)
convention.  Both had owned their cars since new.  Both had subtle trim
differences.  Both said, "Mine's right and yours is wrong."  I think we can
describe
what is PROPER for a particular model, but to be sure, there was some
inconsistency.  Maybe some dealers took liberties for whatever reason, but as a
matter of
fact, it seems obvious to me that a few TRIUMPH models were built with
whatever was on the shelf that particular day.  I think this might be
particularly
true at the end of the TR2 run and the end of the TR3 run.  Who knows...but
life is too short to argue about it.  Your car has a race history.  Sounds like
the bucket is original, but I'll bet it has ALL SORTS of non original parts on
it.

Bill Dentinger