fot

Re: Interesting Difference of Opinion About TR2 and TR3 Small

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting Difference of Opinion About TR2 and TR3 Small
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:20:38 EDT
The TR3 apron will have small holes drilled around the mouth for the chrome
bezel, and holes to attach the eggcrate grille (2 per side), and it still
retains the ears for mounting the TR2 die cast grille (which I did on my '56 I
ran
at Monterey: not to fool people, but because it rattled less!).

The air ducting on the TR2 apron was completely closed for quite a while, but
if memory serves the later ones (short door) opened this area (radiator to
apron) to allow more unheated air into the engine compartment. The TR3's
definitely have that feature.

Either way, a good 2/3 smallmouth apron is as good as gold, and with little
work can be right for either car.

Scrappy's had almost 1/4" of factory lead filler on one side to get it to
match the hood line, and about a dozen stress cracks that had to be welded up.

Steve & Janet Hedke
"Team Scrappy"
Great Race #45, 1957 Triumph TR3
britpac@aol.com