fot

TR2/TR3 Grilles

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2/TR3 Grilles
From: Robertten1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:51:34 EDT
And, I remember an ad for an aftermarket grille to update the TR2 to look
like the newer model Smallmouth TR3.  Thus another possibility of a real TR2
(long/short door) looking like an early TR3.  I suggest looking at the rear of
the
car and pay attention to the rear tail lamps and center plate lamp.  This may
or may not (depending if a previous owner updated the car) answer this
dilemma.  Talking with other TR2 owners the number on the vehicle number plates
is
the better way of identifying which model the car is.

My $.02,
Bob Totten