fot

Fw: Alfin Drum

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Alfin Drum
From: "A.J. & C. Wood" <wood@dandrade.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 01:15:53 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: A.J. & C. Wood
To: BFEKENG@aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 12:58 AM
Subject: Re: Alfin Drum

Dear Ken - good to hear from you! Sadly I can't help you right now. I looked
at making a batch of said drums this year, since Moss have listed " original"
Alfin drums for some time, and done -Nuthin'. The price was-----
#185 GBP ea. Bah- really sorry. I think these babies could be CNC  machined
from solid for a a fraction of  the money. Meantime, best route is the Datsun
Fairlady drum- OK if you keep rear bias to minimum and machine out the ridge
where the steel liner meets the outer periphery. Nobody seems to bother doing
this, meaning that the shoe rubs against the ally outer. Check for cracks
every race. Meantime I'll keep looking.
All the best            Jon Wood          #44 now age 44!