fot

Re: Crumpled Peyote

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crumpled Peyote
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:48:56 -0500
Bill Babcock wrote:

> I stuck Peyote into the wall at Sears Point last weekend.

Well, that's NOT good news. Very sorry to hear it.

> I guess I should have taken that busted trailer shackle as a sign
> that I had no business going to California.

Anyone familiar with Peyote should be particularly sensitive to such "signs"
in the course of pre-event preparation:

"Upon arrival at the place where the Peyote is to be prepared, the shaman
begins ceremonial practices, telling stories from the ancient Peyote
tradition and invoking protection for the events to come. Those on their
first pilgrimage are blindfolded, and the participants are led by the shaman
to the "cosmic threshold" which only he can see. All stop, light candles,
and murmur prayers while the shaman, imbued with supernatural forces,
chants."

[From http://peyote.org/]

Jim Hill
Madison WI