fot

Re: TR3 from Hell - hub failure

To: Catpusher@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3 from Hell - hub failure
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 19:37:33 -0500
And what is the correct way to remove the hub?  I've heard a lot about
axles breaking, but not much about hubs.  That's why I took four of them
apart and had them magnafluxed.  They were all tough. I soaked them
several days with penetrating oil, but had to use a lot of pressure and
some heat to get them off.  They magnafluxed ok afterwards.  There have
been a total of about eleven days on the track since then.  I believe
I'll be inspecting them frequently from now on.
Larry