fot

Amp meter

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Amp meter
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 19:21:02 -0400
FOT,
I've got a problem.
I'm running  a stock generator and voltage regulator on a TR-4
When I first start my car the amp meter used to go to full charge then
eventually drift back to just a shade over on the negative side and stay
there.
Now it will only go to a positive charge when at an idle. I've been driving it
around town with the lights on and the elec. radiator fan on and there doesn't
seem to be any loss in power.
However, when I rev the engine, the lights do not grow brighter.
When I turn on the lights and fan the needle swings way right then comes back
to almost neutral, so I think the generator is working. Moreover, when I
disconnect the battery, the car will run on the generator, so some juice is
coming out of the generator.
The generator and regulator have about 15 hours on them.
Whatcha you'll think?
Richard Taylor