fot

RE: Amp meter

To: "'Richard Taylor'" <tarch@bellsouth.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Amp meter
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 17:16:30 -0700
As you've probably figured out by now, your regulator is toast. You can
take the cover off and push down on the  field regulator relay and see
your lights get brighter, but why bother. Replace it.

There used to be solid state replacements for mechanical generator
regulators. Probably no one bothers now since most cars have alternators.
It would be fairly easy to build one though.