fot

RE: mosport border crossing thoughts

To: "Tom Strange" <tstrange@new.rr.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: mosport border crossing thoughts
From: "Russ Moore" <rem@CBORD.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:46:20 -0400
I have never had any issues with going into Canada. I am too lazy to make a
listing of all the items and was never asked for it. In the past I have brought
20 gallons of fuel with me and have never even been asked to open the trailer
so it was a moot issue then. Maybe this year will be different but I would be
surprized if it was. Keep in mind, as an answer to those who have asked me how
they can prove they own their racecar, the logbook should be able to document
that. I also carry a few past race programs that also have me identified along
with the car. Keep in mind, Canadians cross into the US on a daily basis to do
their shopping and it's no big thing. They even go to the US to fill their gas
tanks, and buy Canadian beer cheaper than they can in their own country.

By the way, the beer is great up there, but a bit expensive. Also, be sure to
fill the gas tank in your tow vehicles before crossing the border, gas is also
expensive.

If you haven't already please do check out the VARAC.CA website for information
on the festival. There is also tech information on the site so you can be sure
not to have any surprizes at the track. Additionally, there is a customs letter
that identifies you as taking part in the event.

Glad to answer any last minute questions.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49