fot

RE: mosport border crossing thoughts

To: "'Tom Strange '" <tstrange@new.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: mosport border crossing thoughts
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:56:27 -0700
 Racers here in Portland cross the border fairly often to go to Mission.
Here's a couple of tips that might be useful.

Don't cross at a major highway unless it's late at night or early
morning--the wait can be terrible. Use a small town crossing near to the
track. When security is high the wait at the I5 crossing can be six hours
or more.

Gas in approved cans has never been a problem, but who knows what some
bureaucrat will do. There are all kinds of laws about what custom you need
to pay (like burning U.S. gas inside Canada that are never applied to
private citizens unless you run into a weird situation.

Birth certificate and photo ID. Generally the border is no sweat going
into canada and only security issues and concerns about agricultural pests
coming back.