fot

Re: Meant oil pan baffle not windage tray

To: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>, "FOT"
Subject: Re: Meant oil pan baffle not windage tray
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:55:07 -0700
I just looked at hat drawing in the prep manula.  This is not my work.  This
drawing was added afer I left the company and they had someone throw this
drawing into the book. This dosen't help you at all I know.

When I made baffles and windage trays I would weld tabs onto the side of the
pan so that I could bolt to the tabs any kind of fabrication I came up with
at the time. I welded nuts to the bottom of the tabs so that you could use
cap screws to attach parts. I made a cover ( I suppose like the drawing) to
keep the oil from splashing up onto the crankshaft, then added compartments
to the bottom and had about a 1/2" clearance from the bottom so that the oil
could drain back easily. In the first effort I think I had about three
sections across the pan under the lid and fastened to the lid. Later I put
trap doors into the cross panels so that the doors opened when under braking
and the oil went forward then when under accleration the doors closed
automatically and held the oil to drain out only through the gap under the
cross section parts. The latest latest version was a true scraper type that
was very very close to the throws of the crank and was a true bitch to
make.BAH!  Hope this helps a little.