fot

Re: BeaveRun

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BeaveRun
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:46:49 -0400
Things did not go so well for me this weekend at Watkins Glen, and as
a result I will not make it to BeaveRun next weekend.  I have a valve
stem sized hole in the #4 piston and the cylinder liner split down the
side.  I still did not find the valve head, and it may be somewhere
out on the track.   I also found a broken roller rocker.  Not sure
what failed first, the rocker or the valve, but suspect the rocker,
since I ran ok on 3 cylinders for a while before it got real bad.  I
figure that without the roller tip hitting the valve stem, the body
was hitting on the spring retainer.  Eventually the keepers came loose
and the valve dropped.  Joe(B)