fot

RE: Brake rotor source?

To: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>,
Subject: RE: Brake rotor source?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:54:43 -0700
Jack:

No apology necessary.  In fact I may owe you one.  From your original post
and the follow up postings, I was under the impression you were running 10
3/4" discs.  From the private post you sent me regarding information from
Brembo, you state 1961 TR4, which could have the 11" discs, although I would
have thunked that these would have been deep sixed in favor of the later
calipers and discs on a race car.

If in fact you do have the early 11" discs then I believe you are partially
correct, Brembo does not supply these.  Or at least we are not sourced to
Brembo, which usually means the same thing.  The 11" discs we have, are made
in Reddich, England, they look the part and we have no problems but I don't
know if they are what you are looking for.

Your comment that the US Brembo rep did not have a listing for a 61 TR4 is
not unusual.  Most manufacturers no longer have accurate listings for the
earlier cars and have no clue that the rotor they list for a TR6 also fits
the TR4 (with late caliper) and 4A.

Kelvin.