fot

Limited slip Diff questions - part II

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Limited slip Diff questions - part II
From: "Coffey, Jack" <CoffeyJack@bfusa.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:18:34 -0500
OK...thanks to various FOT respondees, I've determined that LSDs will
run hotter than an open diff & synthetic is a good way to go, additional
cooling (finned cover, pump & external cooler) may be needed.

I now have a new problem -  diff began to leak heavily from left side
flange area.  This was caused by both stub axles moving outward (about
3/8") and seal also on left side.  I've not experienced this movement of
stub axles on stock diffs .

Any ideas on cause / cure would be appreciated

TIA - Jack Coffey (TR250)