fot

looseness in IRS rear bearing

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: looseness in IRS rear bearing
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:36:20 -0700 (PDT)
While doing my semi-regular circuit of my TR4A rear suspension, I noticed
more play than I like in the left bearing. (Everything else was fine,
except that the driveshaft flange bolts had backed off, as usual.)

I know there's a procedure for adjusting this end float. The photos
in the workshop manual are done with the stub axle in place. What
I don't know is if it makes sense to try to do it on old bearings
and old collapsible spacer?

Thanks,
chris