fot

Re: OD gasket sealant

To: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Subject: Re: OD gasket sealant
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:59:04 -0600
John,

The 1500 gearbox that is connected to this J-type OD definitely has a breather
on it.  We have a 1/4" breather line ran from the top of the gearbox to a catch
tank.

I believe the shop in Nebraska who rebuilt the gearbox for me years ago didn't
use the right sealant for the job.  We're going to go through it again using
better sealant, safety wire on all the bolts, etc.  Even though its a Triumph
we'd like to hold the leaks to a minimum!

Brad

From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date:  Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:51:36 +1200