fot

Re: TR4 Rocker Shaft Wear

To: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>, "FOT"
Subject: Re: TR4 Rocker Shaft Wear
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:30:12 -0700
Dear Peter,
    I assume that when you refer to "oil impregnated" bushings that you are
refering to "oilite" bronze. This is the type of bushing that is used in the
rear of a Lucas generator, for instance. This material is mate for shafts
that rotate rapidly and are not under heavy loading. It is very hard and
quite abrasive, I have been led to understand. It is not made for heavily
loaded parts like a rocker arm, which also have a steady supply of oil. I
suggest that you go back the a standard "bronze" bush material similar to
the original. When used with a hardchromed shaft like the ones that we can
supply, as long as the oil is clean and the is an adequate supply of oil ,
wear will not be a problem.
                                                            Regards,
                                                                    Greg
Solow