fot

It came in a plain brown wrapper

To: ".Triumph List" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: It came in a plain brown wrapper
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:31:46 -0500
Woo Hoo! what I just got in the mail today! And it came in a plain brown
wrapper.

A Canley Classics catalogue -- probably because I bought a couple of
rear-end gearsets from them last year.

Actually, its mostly a price list geared to the old Kipping catalogue, with
promise of a "fully updated catalogue" being on the way.

The cover is the Macau Spitfire -- at first glance hardly recognizeable as a
Spit, but there's the hood clips on the side, the door sculpture, the early
Spit squaretail. And probably the same ol' Spit taillights everyone knocks
off by lightly bumping them! :-)  Kas had his mitts on it for a time.

Sandwiched among the price lists is a story about the Macau Spit, Triumph
production figures (all models), some detail on diffs, driveshafts
(propshafts -- we ARE two countries divided by a common language!), a
feature on overdrives and their maladies, and some lightweight engine parts
I may just have to go get -- not the usual innards but heavy stuff like
water pumps and endplates. Pounds are the prices, weight is kilos and grams.

Can't wait for the updated catalogue! Wife says my Christmas is covered for
the next few years!

--Rocky Entriken