fot

Re:Driving to events

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Driving to events
From: VANDECARR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:08:20 EDT
If the Spitfire you saw was a metalic blue then it was my brother Mark
VanDeCarr.   He drove from Rhinebeck New York, hauling a trailer with the race
tires.   It's a DM car running an MR 2 engine with a Toyta 5 Speed trans and a
Miata rear.   When he gets to the events he removes the top, windshield, side
windows, puts on slicks and lowers the car about 1".

I think he's crazy, but he wanted to build a mod car he could drive on the
street.   He did pretty good considering the only mod to the motor is a set of
TWM throttle body injectors and an Electomotive Tec III setup.   The basic
motor is a stock 130,000 mile junkyard motor.   He ended up 18th which means he
beat about 8 Caterhams.

Dean VanDeCarr
73 FP Triumph TR 6