fot

1974 TR6 FOUND!!!!

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1974 TR6 FOUND!!!!
From: Walt Hollowell <walt@hot-tr6.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:15:51 -0600
IMPORTANT FIND IN NEW MEXICO
1974 TR6
Serial number CF29168U
I have been on the trail of a 1974 TR6 for two years that has been tied up in
an estate problem. It has been locked up in a storage locker since 1991. It
has now been released and I have purchased it along with a clean New Mexico
title. (this is my third TR6 barn find this year along with many truckloads of
TR6/250 parts)
The car looks rough but it is an original, sold in New Mexico car. There is
minor (and a little not-so minor) body damage but no rust. The carpeting,
upholstery, seat foam, dashboard and top will all need replaced. The color is
light tan or cream (paint code 19 with trim 11). The speedometer shows 22,507
miles so this is most likely plus 100K but no more than that. The
undercarriage is solid. Again, no rust or stuctural damage. The engine turns
over easily and with starting fluid fires and runs. The carbs and fuel pump
need rebuilt and of course all the fuel lines shold be replaced etc. etc. etc.
This TR6 can be pushed onto a trailer but is not a driver at this time.
I am offering this car for sale in its present condition F.O.B. Albuquerque,
New Mexico for the next few days at a price of $2,500.00
Beyond that time I have three options.
1. Part the car out. (Not my first option because this car offers lots of
potential but parting it out would most likely generate the most renevue.
2. List it on ebay as a project car. I'll list on Sunday afternoon 10,26,03 if
not sold to a FOT member prior to that time.
3. Do a major restoration this winter then sell for a high price via Hemmings
or ebay for spring driving.

If you know anyone who might be interested I have a mess of pictures and more
details available upon request.

Thank You
Walt Hollowell
Albuquerque, New Mexico