fot

Re: Is there another AOL problem with FOT ? - No Emails since

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is there another AOL problem with FOT ? - No Emails since
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 02:16:19 -0700
These days, there's *always* an AOL problem of one sort or another.  I wonder
how long it will be before I just flat out refuse any mail to or from AOL
addresses.  I should check back on some old archives, but I recall that a
few years ago I sent a message out to the lists I hosted at the time
about AOL.  It mentioned something like only 4% of Team.Net subscribers were
on AOL, yet 24% of the error messages wasting my time were from AOL.

As an example, look at an excerpt from a mail error just yesterday:

<rdwismer@aol.com>

... while talking to air-ya01.mail.aol.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<rdwismer@aol.com>
<<< 550 rdwismer IS NOT ACCEPTING MAIL FROM THIS SENDER

Wismer wants to be on the FOT list, but he isn't accepting mail from the
FOT list.  Explain that one to me.

I better be quiet now.

mjb.