fot

Re: fot-digest V1 #1007

To: Editorgary@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fot-digest V1 #1007
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:57:42 EST
In a message dated 11/21/2003 8:54:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Editorgary@aol.com writes:
VARA (Southern California and various southwest tracks) has, I am told, run
noon-time drive-arounds for charity for many years.
VARA runs noon time drive arounds, and for the last couple of years our
"E-Ticket Triumphs" gang has volunteered to run the thing. The charge is $20
per
car whether a VARA member or not. Most cars are the "grocery getters" that
spectators drive to the track, but some racers want to take or let take
friends/family around the track in their racecars. This is a speed controlled,
follow the
pace car, thing with stern warnings that we'll black flag any car getting
racy. All drivers and passengers sign a release.

We've had very few problems with this and have raised several hundred dollars
per race weekend.  VARA is a non-profit organization with by-laws that
include raising money for charity so this is part of our SOP. In fact, we'll do
the
same tomorrow and Sunday at Willow Springs at our final race of this year !
Wish you were here!

John Frymark
VARA EP #67 TR4A