fot

New Racer

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: New Racer
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:31:26 EST
Those of you that I got to talk to at the VSCDA event at Mid-Ohio might
remember meeting a silver haired gentleman walking around with Jason and I, his
name was Cal Shields. Cal has been autoxing his GT-6 with us for some time now
but his dream has always been Vintage Racing.  I stopped over his place today
and it looks like he made the jump.  He just got the GT6 back from the fab shop
and he is now the owner of a GT6 AND full roll cage.  I think the next
expenditures on his wish list are fuel cell and race seat.  A couple of
questions for
the masses. 1st, is anybody out there racing a GT6 and could recommend a seat
that fits the car well? 2nd is anybody out there racing a GT6 and wouldn't
mind chatting with Cal over the phone and giving him some pointers up front on
Vintage Racing the GT6?  He is not very well versed on this internet stuff yet
but I'm sure some pointers over the phone would be appreciated. I am planning
on dragging him to VIR with Jason and I next year so hopefully he will get to
see some running there.  We typically do see many at Mid-Ohio.  I would guess
that if all goes right you might see his rookie stripe in 2005.  If you can
help me help him drop me a line and I can forward the info.

Thanks,
Marty Sukey