fot

Pisano/Venolia

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pisano/Venolia
From: "Mordy Dunst/Gasket Works USA, LLC" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:29:14 -0800
Carmen Pisano the Patriarch of the Venolia Piston company passed away this
year.

Paul Smock and I went to his funeral.  A rather packed gathering of some
very interesting people say nothing of the 1/4 mile Dragster contingent.
It was a couple of years ago that  Paul asked me if I wanted an executive
tour of Carmen's shop / Venolia.  He had known Carmen for years and finally
made the appointment for us to meet.

I'm certain that Paul had a substantial visceral chortle as we literally
came to see each other face to face.  See,  Carmen was a short man in
stature (a concept I understand) but, a bull of a character with a presence
like a battleship.  He had his own way of doing things and that's the way it
was.   We got along so well that he asked me to be his Physcian -something
that was was easy and hard to do.

Anyways, in the back were several pallets of large bore pistons - All were
for a single season for John Force.  The amount of alum chips on the floor
and watching those mills/lathes  turn out shiny pistons was pretty special.
Lots of interesting things to look at including their trophy and prototype
section.

BTW... they do have TR4 pistons.

Mordy