fot

1966 Cheetah

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: 1966 Cheetah
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:43:19 -0700
Saw this up on eBay today
------------

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7251&item=2447997744

This car was sold to us as a 1966 Chevy Cheetah prototype Lemans car. Never
have been able to find anything on it to see if it is indeed the 2nd
generation or not. It has a TR3 chassis under it a lot like the fiberfab
kit cars (but yet there are some differances in it that I didn't see in
there cars) from the 60's and 70's. It had 10" disc brakes all the way
around and generic gauges in the dash like they did the race cars. The rear
part of the chassis was bad so we cut it off and put a 280Z rear chassis
under it for the independant suspension but kept the front half for the
breaking system. It also has the heating and a/c system from the 280Z in
it. Was originally a 4 cylinder car now a V6 Capri motor and trans. (needs
rebuilding)in it. Tilt front end, gull wing doors. The front looks like the
old Jags,center like a Vette, and the back like a Ferrari. The fiber glasss
is super thick in this car. Everything lines up pretty well. No rear glass
or windshield. Sterring column not in car. Made steel roll cages in the
doors for safety since we were turning it into a street car. It was
registered as a TR3. Should still have the vin plate somewhere. Needs to be
finished. The drivers side rear finder had been cut to widen the rear wheel
well but never got to it. Needs to be glassed back together or filler piece
made to widen for a more modern look.