fot

RE: Comments about journalism

To: "'Stutzman '" <stutzman@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: Comments about journalism
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:03:14 -0800
I've actually started a company fundamentally dedicated to this principle. I
haven't done anything with it yet, except registering a couple of good
domain names, designing a few logos, and telling my long suffering wife what
I'm up to, but the name of the company is PSB which stands for "Professional
Small Boy" a lift from a rare old bullshit artist called Capstick (I think
his first name was Peter, but I won't swear to it)--his wife called him a
Professional Small Boy. Mr Capstick (now passed awy, unfortunately) wrote
lurid african hinting epics with titles like "Death in the long grass",
"Death in the dark Continent", death in Lonely Places" and edited "Man
Eaters of Tsavo". Wonderful stuff. I only have a fuzzy notion of how this
company will make money, but I'm fairly certain it will let me play merrily
for quite some time without paying taxes on toys. The tagline for the
company is "You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."  I
toyed with calling it "the Lost Boys", but then that stupid vampire movie
came out.

And yes, Suze, you can join (once there is something TO join). Boys is a
term descriptive of a certain set of passions, not ownership of a unit,
though I feel fairly certain you can make a strong claim on Brad's.

Having spent the afternoon surfing, and the early morning playing with radio
controlled airplanes I feel uniquely qualified to lead this outfit.