fot

Re: Transmission question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Transmission question
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:56:09 EST
The TR3 Tail hsg (gearbox extension, pn# 305048) does not have the recess for
the lay & rev. shaft lock tab.
 The flange is usually a little thinner, and the fillets are usually not as
big as the
(all synchro extension pn# 305048)  so it is probably only advisable to take
a die grinder
to make the recess in a pinch.

BTW: I would certainly check the shift forks and their shafts after an
"event" like that.

 Hardy

In a message dated 1/8/2004 4:55:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,