fot

Fuel pressure

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel pressure
From: "Simon Rasmussen" <Simon@TelephonesToGo.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:39:24 -0500
Hope for some off-season advice for my TR4.
I have converted to an electric impeller pump because I was running out of
fuel towards the end of the straights with the original diaphragm pump.
Initially used it without a pressure regulator as it is rated for 41/2 psi,
which I thiught might be ok, but it is impossible to get the mixture correct
for both street and track use; Too rich at low rpm and small throttle
openings, so lean it misfires over 4500rpm at wot.  I now have a Holley
regulator adjustable for 1-4psi. Any suggestions for pressure, would 21/2 psi
be a good starting point?
Thanks, Simon.

Regards,
Simon Rasmussen